If video marketing is the future, then the future is here. You’re at the right place if you’ve been wondering whether it’s worth putting your mind and money into video marketing. Do you have enough resources to create videos? Are enough people in your target audience interested in videos? And in the end, will it be worth the effort? In short: yes.
In this article, we will cover some of the key video marketing statistics for 2019 that will help prove to you that the right time for video marketing is now. Use these quick and easy video marketing statistics to help guide your video marketing strategy for 2019.
Before we get started with the video marketing stats, let’s quickly go through the types of video content that you can create to market your business. One of the main video content types that businesses use is explainer video which is a short video explaining products or services. Other popular types of video content include vlogs (video blogs), video interviews, video presentations, tutorials, product reviews, product demos, recordings of live streams, video testimonials, and video ads.
Now let’s get to the data on video marketing and what it has to say. We’ve compiled the latest statistics to make sure that your video marketing strategy for 2019, is on point.
- 1. Internet Users Everywhere Enjoy Video Content
- 2. Demand for Video Content is Increasing
- 3. Video as a Powerful Marketing Tool
- 4. Consumers Love Seeing Videos on Social Media
- 5. Video Marketing = Profit
- 6. Video Marketing as a Lead Generation Channel
- 7. Videos Engage Users For Longer on Your Website
- 8. Education Through Video
- 9. The Power of YouTube
- 10. Video is More Captivating Than Text
- Summary: Video Marketing Statistics
- Want to Learn More?
1. Internet Users Everywhere Enjoy Video Content
More and more video content is being watched now than ever before. 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices (Statista, 2018). 25-34 year olds watched the most online videos, with adult males spending 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. The time spent by users in the United States watching video content weekly on a smartphone is also seen to be growing over time. Interestingly, Saudi Arabia and Turkey ranked in first place, with 95% of all their internet users watching online video content on any device during any given month.
2. Demand for Video Content is Increasing
The preference for video content is not just limited to entertainment purposes. Video extends to brands. Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support (HubSpot, 2018).
With the increasing demand for video, many industry influencers can be seen to be proactively producing different types of video content in order to meet this rising need. The respondents of this survey claimed that video content is in higher demand particularly because people are more likely to pay attention to it. There is a higher tendency to skip parts of audio and written content. For brands to get more of the audience’s attention video is a good way to go.
3. Video as a Powerful Marketing Tool
Success with video marketing in 2018 hit peak levels. It’s not surprising if more businesses than in the past look to include video content as part of their digital marketing strategy. Marketing professionals need to be careful not to miss out on the opportunities that video content can provide for them. The 2019 report shows that 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool (Wyzowl, 2019). With the increasing demand for video content, it’s no surprise that such a large percentage of marketing professionals claim to use video as a marketing tool. Marketing professionals trust in the potential of video content to be able to increase user engagement and to improve brand trust.
4. Consumers Love Seeing Videos on Social Media
Users are seeing videos increasingly on every platform. Whether it’s on blogs, Instagram ads or simply YouTube, they are expecting more video content. Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media (Animoto, 2018). Based on the 2018 State of Social Video Marketer Trends report, 73% of consumers claim that they have been influenced by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchasing decision. This statistic alone shows how videos are getting popular with the passage of time. With video becoming a great influence on consumer decisions, it comes as no surprise that Instagram is on track to become the fastest-growing platform which uses video content to drive purchases.
5. Video Marketing = Profit
It all comes down to the return on investment (ROI). If we look at the numbers, 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media (Animoto, 2018). The same report shows us that 80% of marketers also claim to be satisfied by the ROI of video ads that they have posted to social media.
Broadly speaking companies use video marketing to increase their sales, build brand awareness as well as trust, to keep their current customers informed, and to reach out to potential customers. The platforms most commonly used by marketers for posting social media marketing videos and video ads are Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. A reason why video marketing is favored as a marketing tool is because of its potential to explain everything in a format that is preferred by users — the visual format. Tutorials or explainer videos are especially popular among end users.
6. Video Marketing as a Lead Generation Channel
According to Optinmonster, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Optinmonster, 2019). Optinmonster also concluded that video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness. Additionally, 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media. This increased quality of leads can be attributed to the quality of education that video brings. Not only do customers gain trust in companies, but they’re also able to educate themselves about the company or their product through interactive visuals. These stats show that there’s no need to second-guess the benefits of video marketing for business. As for video marketing in 2019, it will be a great way to grow your network and customer base, not just now, but also in the future.
7. Videos Engage Users For Longer on Your Website
Videos help keep users on your website longer and also keep them more engaged. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video (Forbes, 2018).
That fact alone is enough to prove how much more engaging video content is to most demographics. This could also have something to do with the fact that viewers retain messages better when they view it in a video, compared to written form. If you want people to stay on your website, get their attention by adding useful video content. Try creating product videos, demos, and how-to explainers for your audience. These are the most common videos produced by B2C companies. The most common distribution channels of this content websites and social media.
8. Education Through Video
Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service (Wyzowl, 2018).
Having mentioned the past few facts, it’s no surprise that people would pick videos to learn about something that they’re interested in. So, the next time you want to explain something to your customers, why not make a video about it?
The interesting part is that you don’t even need a massive budget or external resources to help you create videos. Smaller companies aren’t far behind when it comes to video production. A noteworthy example is the success story of the Dollar Shave Club, that grew from a viral video into a billion dollar brand. Which just goes to show that you don’t need a whole cast and crew for your video marketing to start today.
9. The Power of YouTube
In the United States, YouTube ranks first as market leader among video and entertainment websites, leaving behind big names such as Netflix and Hulu. YouTube is by far the most widely-adopted video channel for marketers (Wyzowl, 2018).
People enjoy watching a wide variety of videos on YouTube. These include tutorials, lifestyle videos, documentaries, podcasts, and a compilation of cat videos. Understanding what your customers watch on YouTube can help you create the most engaging content for them.
10. Video is More Captivating Than Text
Viewers are 95% more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to 10 percent when reading it in text format (Forbes, 2017). Not only is a video a great tool for learning, but it’s also very easy to consume. With the busy lifestyle that many young adults are becoming accustomed to, they might not have the time, or patience, to read long product descriptions or dig deep into written content. Videos provide them with an easy and comfortable way to digest and retain information.
That’s a wrap for the video marketing statistics 2019. We’re hoping this has helped shed some light on how video marketing can be useful for you too! If you have any thoughts, let us know in the comment section below!
Summary: Video Marketing Statistics
Here’s a summary of the video marketing statistics for 2019:
- 85% of all internet users in the United States watched online video content monthly on any of their devices. Which means that video content is becoming increasingly popular.
- 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. This goes to show that the demand for video content is also increasing.
- 87% of marketing professionals use video as a marketing tool. More businesses are including video content as part of their digital marketing strategy.
- Videos are a consumers’ favorite type of content to see from a brand on social media. Consumers expect more video content.
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media. Companies are using video marketing to improve their business. Among other things, this includes to increase their sales, to build brand awareness, and to keep their customers informed.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. This increased quality of leads could be because of the quality of education that video content brings.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. This shows that video content improves engagement on your website.
- Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service. This means that people show a preference for video content over text.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, with the largest being Google. It has huge potential. It receives more than 1.5 billion users per month and plays over 1 billion hours of video each day to users.
- Viewers are 95% more likely to remember a call to action after watching a video, compared to 10 percent when reading it in text format. Which means that video content is easier to remember than written content.
Want to Learn More?
- 10 Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know
- 11 Powerful YouTube Analytics to Help You Grow Your Channel
- 10 Youtube Stats Every Marketer Should Know in 2019 [Infographic]
- The 15 Best Mobile Video Editing Apps You Must Use in 2018
Is there anything else you’d like to know about video marketing statistics and wish was included in this article? Let us know in the comments below!